Today at writing we were doing list exercises from this book, writing list poems.
I love the idea of this book, a diary consisting of lists. We were told to chose one & it took me forever to make a decision. I poured over it. I need to buy this and try to find the time to fill it all in.
I opted for Famous People I've encountered & came up with the following.
1. Paul McCartney squeezed past me in a crowded Green room. As he passed me he winked at me. Not my sister standing next to me. It was at me.
2. Richard Herring paid for my chicken korma & boiled rice when a group of us went out to eat. He emptied his pockets of change when I refused the £20 for my cab home but gave me all the shrapnel from his pockets
3. Gordan Ramsey, Michael Rosen, several Tory MPs & Paul from Big Brother 2 signed release forms for me
4. I spoke to Davina McColl to check that a fax I'd sent her husband to be had arrived at their house.
5. I queued for hours with my sister at HMV to get Buck Fizz's autographs
6. I fetched Armando Iannucci Yop from the BBC tea bar
7. I showed Germaine Greer the way to the loo and then heard her pee as I waited for her
8. I said hello to Yvette Fielding, mistaking her for someone I knew & then giggled in the lift for 5 floors when I realised who she was
9. Saw Miranda Hart across the BBC bar. Was too embarrassed & afraid that I'd morph into her character if I tried to approach her.
10. The bloke from Brookie who I bored senseless droning on & on about how much I loved Barry Grant. Knowing he was wishing he hadn't mentioned he'd been in Brookside but not being able to help myself.
11. Edd the duck who was a girl
12. Gordan the Gopher who was a man so shy he couldn't look me in the eye when he spoke to me
13. Wilson the Butler who was gorgeous & funny & apparently gay.
14. Countless people I ignored in reception at work being too cool for school
15. Terry Hall who no one in my office had heard of & then I felt about 100.
16. The girl from Press Gang, Kelda something, on the tube reading her book.
17. Bloke that used to be in The Bill drinking tea in my sister's kitchen.
18. Peter Duncan ran past me in a green & white suite when we went to watch The London Marathon
19. Nigella Lawson signing in at security. Beautiful & tiny. Like a doll.
20. Media scrum in NYC which had Madonna on the other side. I didn't even see her.
I've just started to compile a 40 things to do before I'm 40 list. I'd better get a wriggle on as I've only got until September. Any suggestions would be gratefully received xx
I realised tonight that
this list is by no means exhaustive as just in my head I added Katie
Price, Peter Andre, Nicky Campbell, Alastair Stewart, Kerry Katona, Andy Crane, Andi Peters, Simon Parkin (remember him?), Mick Brown at Capital FM & my sister's friend Vicky who has been in Eastenders (twice) who's pony, Mr Tweedy, I had a ride on when I was about 10.