Thursday 24 January 2013

Rolling in the Deep




I heard this on the radio the other morning and it reminded me how much I love it.  I know this album has been flogged to death on radio playlists but that's hardly Adele's fault.

Someone Like You can still make me cry. Rolling in the Deep was the first single from 21 and I remember the 'yay she's back' feeling when I first heard it.

I remember Mr D asking me what this song was about and I couldn't believe he couldn't tell just by listening.  It is so obvious about a boyfriend who sold a story about her.




There's a fire starting in my heart  

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark  

Finally I can see you crystal clear

Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

See how I'll leave, with every piece of you  

Don't underestimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark 

 
It's such a gorgeous depiction of a woman scorned


'You're gonna wish you never had met me...''Tears are gonna fall'


Unless you live in a cave you everyone knows that this album was written by Adele about an ex boyfriend and I guess the album shows the many emotions experienced during heartbreak.  You are sad & desperate and then extremely pissed off.  This song is about the moment when you stop wishing you were dead and start wishing they were.

I love Adele. I love her attitude, that she doesn't put on airs & graces.  Loved her speech at the Golden Globes last week where she said her & her friend were new mums and just gone for a night out. 

I want to be her friend, I think we'd get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment